How To Nail The Desi Look At Your Workplace ?
Do you still struggle in deciding what you should wear to work? The usual shirt and pant combo has gotten boring too? If so, keep reading because we have just what you need right now!
What if we told you that there were still amazing ways for you to rock that desi look and still look as modern as ever. We’ve got a few tips for you to put together the most appropriate and comfortable fit for your next day at work!
Sounds good? Great! Let’s get right into it then-
1. Choose the right fabric and style
When you select an ethnic outfit, the fabric should be a crucial factor on your checklist. You should choose a fabric that is both comfortable and subtle at the same time. Avoid flashy designs with heavy prints. The most popular fabrics for ethnic clothing are brocade, silk, and jute silk.
Apart from this, cotton, rayon, khadi, and linen are ideal for the Dubai summers as they help keep your body cool. In winter, wool, knitted fabric, faux fur, and fleece are the preferred choice.
2. Accessories are game-changers
To make your online ethnic shopping easier, here are some tips for selecting the best accessory:
- Opt for small earrings which make you look professional.
- Go for lightweight earrings, for the days you might need to work longer hours.
- Accessories should never be too flashy, especially at your workplace.
- Additionally, you can opt for floral or terracotta earrings. They give a nice classy touch, without being too heavy.
3. Turn back on Dupatta
Yes, traditional outfits look alluring with dupattas, but heavy-flowing dupattas aren’t really what you need at your workplace. Try dropping the dupatta for a change, as most of the new kurtas styles are just fine without it. Replace it with a light traditional shrug, if at all you feel like your outfit needs that extra touch.
4. Jackets make a good pair
Wearing a traditional jacket with a long kurta is going to make your look super elegant. From full-length sleeves to sleeveless, there are plenty of options of jackets to choose from. Just make sure that the color and pattern of your jacket goes with the rest of your outfit.
5. Fusion is the new ethnic!
A blend of western and traditional clothing is a smart way to rock that office ethnic look!
With a fusion of Indo-western styles and ethnic wear, you can appear highly professional while still retaining your cultural roots. For instance, you can wear a denim jacket with an ethnic kurta, or pair your kurta with straight pants!
Some more ideas for donning fusion ethnic wear at the workplace are -
- A crop top with a georgette saree.
- Saree with floral embroidery.
- Chikankari saree with floral jewellery.
- Stripe suit set.
- Ajrakh kurta with Farsi pants.
- A monochrome suit with floral work.
- Straight fit kurta with cigarette pants, spice it up with an Ajrakh Masho stole.
When shopping for ethnic wear, you cannot compromise on quality. Don’t worry though, as we at ZERESOUQ bring you the highest quality products from the most reliable brands out there. From tunics to unstitched ethnic wear, we’ve got everything for you!
Why Should You Shop From ZERESOUQ?
- ZERESOUQ is the leading online store for Indian ethnic wear in UAE and boasts a happy customer base across the Middle East region.
- ZERESOUQ brings India to you! Gone are the days where you have to wait to fly back home to get some new traditional outfits. Shop the latest in Indian wear in Dubai, from the comfort of your home!
We hope you enjoyed our tips on incorporating the ethnic look into your office wardrobe. Curious to see what we have in store for you? Visit ZERESOUQ and shopping today!